Report Filtering

Hi

Can we create and use "on the fly" filters in smartsheet reports (just as we do in Google Data Studio).

For example, the current view of my report is showing me all the data of this year; but while viewing this report I might wish to view only last 30-day data, which was posted by a specific person. So can we accomplish it instanlty by applying some filters?

thanks

Nasir

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The only way to filter reports is to adjust the report builder.

One option would be to create a second sheet that has a form linked to it. This form can be used to select the options you want to filter on. Then you would use helper columns in the source sheet to look at the most recent form entry and flag the rows accordingly. The report would then be built to only show flagged rows.

You can have the form take you to a specific URL after submission and use the report's URL, or you can display them both side by side on a dashboard.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com