Filter since day of week

Rory Wohl
Rory Wohl ✭✭✭
edited 08/26/20 in Smartsheet Basics

We have two scrum meetings per week (Monday and Wednesday) I want to be able to filter my sheet based on tasks I've completed since the last meeting. Is there a(n easy) way to create a date filter along the lines of "since last Monday"

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The easiest way I can think of would be to use a checkbox with a formula to automatically check boxes based on the completed date. The exact formula would depend on some of the details.

You said "Last Monday", so does that mean if today is Wednesday you are only going back 2 days, or are you going back to Monday of last week?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Rory Wohl
    Rory Wohl ✭✭✭

"so does that mean if today is Wednesday you are only going back 2 days"

Exactly, the "Wednesday" filter would be a two day "look back" (Tuesday, Monday) and the "Monday" filter would be a four day look back (Sunday, Saturday, Friday, Thursday)

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. So you aren't necessarily going back to Monday. You are going back to the day after the previous meeting.

Are you only needing this filter on Mondays and Wednesdays, or do you want it to also be applicable any other day of the week?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Rory Wohl
    Rory Wohl ✭✭✭

Right now, our status meetings are on Mondays & Wednesdays, but that might not always be the case. It would be great if the filter could handle "going back" to any day of the week.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have access to Sheet Summary fields?

10xViz.com

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. Would you want to manually enter a date, or would you prefer to select a day of the week (mon, tues, wed, etc) and then select previous or current week from dropdowns?

So either you would have a single date field in the Sheet Summary where you can manually enter a date, or you would have two dropdowns in the Sheet Summary such as the below screenshot.

10xViz.com

• Rory Wohl
    Rory Wohl ✭✭✭

I really like the option of being able to select the day of the week and the week itself as you show in the screenshot.

• Rory Wohl
    Rory Wohl ✭✭✭

Super cool! Thanks!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. 👍️

Feel free to revisit if you encounter any bugs or would like to tweak it.

10xViz.com