Loading Problems and Missing Conditional Formatting

ScionoftheNight
ScionoftheNight ✭✭✭✭
edited 08/26/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems with very long loading times. Both today and yesterday Smartsheet has been practically unusable due to long loading times. Moreover, one of my sheets got all of its conditional formatting erased, which is rather upsetting given there were about 20+ formats. I am just wondering if Smartsheet is aware of these issues as the status says yesterday and today has no problems while according to this website (https://downdetector.com/status/smartsheet/) users are having quite a bit of problems. We really enjoy using this platform and hope the problems can be solved soon.

Btw, I did reach out to support and got a generic response to troubleshoot.

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

In general, volume of data, formulas, and conditional formatting all negatively impact load time. It sounds like your sheet is pretty involved so you may have reached the point where you need to free up some space either by removing old rows of data no longer used, separating into multiple sheets, reducing formulas/formatting etc.

If you're not archiving completed rows of data I'd start there, use a move row automation to send these to an archive sheet to free up space periodically. Set up the archive sheet to export monthly, and erase it after the export so you don't reach the size limit on the archive sheet.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!