Sharing a report on a dashboard

I have a sheet I use for scheduling people, a series of reports consisting of the schedule for each person that are created from that sheet which are then placed on a dashboard shared with my department. I don't want to give access to the sheet and I want people to access only their on the dashboard. They should not be able to access the reports of others. I have found that if I don't want to share the sheet then I have to publish the report. However, when I add the publish link to a widget on the dashboard then anyone with access to that dashboard can access any of the reports. If I attach the standard report to the widget in the dashboard then I have to share the sheet. How can I give an individual access to only their report on the dashboard without sharing the source sheet? Thanks

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You have three options I can think of:

1. Use one scheduling sheet per person and share that sheet plus optionally a report to the individual it applies it. You can roll up everything into a report for you/executives to see.
    2. Publish the report for individual users and embed that via a web content widget onto the dashboard. Share the dashboard only to the individual that should see it. Note this will be read only.
    3. Get dynamic view and create views for each user OR a current user view, with Dynamic View you can give access to sections of a sheet without sharing the entirety of the sheet.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!