Project Link in Power BI

heidi_flores86196
heidi_flores86196 ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

We user Power BI to import the Smartsheet Intake and Rollup sheet data to create our portfolio dashboards. My only problem is that the Project Link is coming over as text and not as a hyperlink. We set our Control Center blueprint to open to the project dashboard. Can someone please recommend a solution if there is one? Thank you in advance!

Heidi

Answers

• Hi @heidi_flores86196,

If I'm understanding this correctly, you're looking to set up Control Center to hyperlink to the dashboard URL in the summary profile data fields and intake sheet. If the issue is on the Smartsheet side of things, you should be able to do this using the following steps:

1. In the Blueprint on the "Intake Settings" page, ensure that "Project Dashboard" is entered in the "Project Link Column" field. This will auto-generate the URL hyperlink on the Intake Sheet with the display value "[Project Name] - [Program Name]"
    2. In the "Profile Data Selection" page, ensure that the "Project Dashboard" field is checked. This can be Cell Linked or One Time Write. This will ensure that the summary profile data fields in the project sheets are overwritten with the hyperlinked "Project Dashboard" value from the Intake Sheet.

By allowing Control Center to auto-generate the hyperlinked URL for the Project dashboard and setting this profile data field to update the sheets with the intake sheet value, all instances of this hyperlink should use "Link to URL", allowing it to open in a new window/tab.

If everything is set properly and you're still seeing text instead of hyperlinks, I highly recommend reaching out to the Support team to have them review your Control Center configuration and check for any discrepancies there or possibly on the backend. If the issue stems from something specifically with the connection to Power BI, you may want to post about this in the Power BI Community to see if anyone there may have some solutions to try.

I've I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to assist further. Note though that the Support team may be your best resource for determining the root cause of the issue you're experiencing.

I hope this helps!

Ben

• Thank you SO much, Ben! I will check our Blueprint in the morning and follow the recommended next steps if needed.