email replies not going to smartsheet

I was informed that a co-worker replied to a comment via email, however the comment was not in the smartsheet. I tested this using my work email address and it did not work either, so I also tried using my gmail address and it worked perfectly. I checked with IT and they see the outbound traffic and the email did not bounce. Has anyone had this issue? Any recommendations?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Marvin Daniels

Smartsheet recently made changes to their subdomains and where the emails are sent from.

New email subdomains for app generated emails

July 31, 2020 

What’s changed?

Emails generated by the Smartsheet app are now sent from the following new subdomains: 

• app.smartsheet.com - for notifications such as automated workflows, sharing, and conversations
    • info.smartsheet.com - for welcome emails and daily mail 
    • system.smartsheet.com - for system emails such as password resets and payment notifications

Why did we make this change?

Previously, all app generated emails were sent from the main smartsheet.com domain. Having separate subdomains, separate from the main domain, each with their own distinct sending purpose follows email sender best practices, and allows each separate subdomain to have its own domain reputation.

Learn more by reading the “Not Receiving Email from Smartsheet" section of this help article.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.