Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Change in feature: Update Request

Options
J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

In the past, when an Update Request ws sent to multiple people, each would get an email and the recipients would all be shown

This no longer occurs.

The screen shot above is from Aug 2016.

For one customer, this change may have happened recently (this month).

Is this a change?

Is this configurable?

When did it change and why?

Seee also

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/single-update-request-multiple-people-failing

for (perhaps) recent changes to UR's

Craig

Update_Request_multiple_recipiennts.jpg

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

From the Help:

Update.PNG

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

James,

Testing shows this is not true.

I have tested this as recently as this week by sending a 3 row UR to 3 people. All could make changes to the rows via the UR.

A difference for me now is that the email shows up as if it were only to one individual.

The image above it s from August and had multiple users listed.

Some people claim the functionality from your help works as it says and some say (and have evidence to show) that it works differently for them.

I assume the two issues are related, but they are two different changes (based on my testing)

Craig

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Craig,

Yes I to have had a client that said that they thought that it had changed.

It must be an external influence that is causing it to react differently.  Perhaps the mail client not letting some of the values throught, maybe the firewall ditto.  Maybe the Browser.

Its a strange one.

This discussion has been closed.