Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Input Mask - incl. Webforms

Tony Coleman
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Little surprised I've not found a similar post about this, unless I'm using the wrong terminology.   

Is there a way to enforce a specific input mask - say I wanted to caputre phone numbers - I want them to appear as +44 000x-0000000x (where 0 is expected numeric and x is optional numeric) - standard database/data integrity rule.   Particularly useful in a webform for my purpose - I know you can do this on Google Forms, just wondering if the function exists.

Thanks 

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Smartsheet web form does not have this functionallity.  The best I can suggest is that you place text in the form saying how you want it.

As an alternative you could construct the Sheet with a column for each and a concainate formula to bring them together into the final field.  Then in the web for get them to fill in each section seperatly.

• Thanks for the suggestion, i like the workaround suggestion, thanks for that.

This discussion has been closed.