Exclude blueprint folder name

Options
Jon Baier
Jon Baier ✭✭✭✭
edited 09/12/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Does anyone know what this option on the Naming configuration does? I can't find any specific documentation or examples...

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Jennifer Greenough
    Jennifer Greenough Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Unless I'm mistaken, if you click that option the folder names will not have the project name included. For example, if your project were named "ABC" and you had a folder named "Logs" the options above would yield:

Prefix: ABC - Logs

Suffix: Logs - ABC

Exclude blueprint folder name: Logs

When we set up our instance I don't recall having the prefix or suffix option for folders, so all our folders in our instance are generically named, which is OK at the project level but can be a bit confusing when you search for a given folder if you have cross-project access.

If you have multiple projects in one workspace then you most likely want to use the prefix or suffix option.

I hope that helps!

Jennifer

Answers

• Jennifer Greenough
    Jennifer Greenough Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Unless I'm mistaken, if you click that option the folder names will not have the project name included. For example, if your project were named "ABC" and you had a folder named "Logs" the options above would yield:

Prefix: ABC - Logs

Suffix: Logs - ABC

Exclude blueprint folder name: Logs

When we set up our instance I don't recall having the prefix or suffix option for folders, so all our folders in our instance are generically named, which is OK at the project level but can be a bit confusing when you search for a given folder if you have cross-project access.

If you have multiple projects in one workspace then you most likely want to use the prefix or suffix option.

I hope that helps!

Jennifer

• Jon Baier
    Jon Baier ✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/29/20
    Options

Thanks Jennifer. Currently we use Prefix for the Workspace name (each project in it's own workspace), and Suffix for the sheet names. But I may change to 'exclude' for the sheet names to make the name shorter. A lot of the time I end up with sheet names that get truncated due to the suffix being added.

I'll set up a test project and see what happens.

Edit: It looks like "sheets and dashboards" are prefix/suffix only, so I need the 'Exclude' option added there as well to accomplish what I was hoping. Guess I'll submit an enhancement request.