Multiple Projects - Dashboard View

Options

Hello - I between 12 and 20 projects running concurrently with dates and schedules that change regularly, agencies fail to get comments back or clients miss a funding deadline.

What I am looking to do is to have my 12-20 sheets all in a gallery high-level graphical view of sorts to see where all of the milestones needs to be addressed. This would allow me to task the critical projects first.

"A Gantt for my Gantts"

if it is asking too much I am also looking to have the view spot conflicts ahead of time to avoid OT and fires for my staff.

( PS - I have MS project - I just cannot use it remotely well and if I need to shift to that I can)

Just want to know the best way to get these done.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @CivilCycles3827

I’d recommend creating a report or multiple reports that show what is most relevant from all the individual projects.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @CivilCycles3827 ,

2 suggestions.

1) Create a report pulling data from all your project sheets.Use a helper column if needed to mark rows (or maybe only the top row) that should appear in the report. You can set the report to be in Gantt view and place it on a dashboard.

2) Create a summary sheet with one single line for every project, the columns you need for high-level and cell-link to the individual sheets. You can also set this sheet to Gantt view and use it directly, or you can place it as sheet on a dashboard. You may also create another report from this sheet to further streamline the appearance.

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Brad Lanning
    Options

I know this is an old post, but still an issue with Smartsheets for us. We have multiple projects in multiple workspaces and management would like a one-stop-shop to get a look at the team's project status. We are trying to come up with a centralized Dashboard to display metrics on all projects. I tried to create Views in each Project and then roll that up to a Dashboard. That is a little messy and also labor intensive as the Views need to be refreshed every time we make a change to the sheets.

Hoping that someone has a better solution for us.

😀

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Brad Lanning

Do you have a specific "rollup" row in each of these sheets that you could include into one overall Report, as suggested in the comments above?

Depending on your plan type, you may also be able to use the Sheet Summary field in your sheets to then create a Sheet Summary Report across all your projects for metrics, etc.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now