Can't cell link end date from one sheet to another

I have a project management sheet that links to several sub-sheets for more granular task management. The sub-sheets have dependencies enabled so that the start and end dates all roll-up. I want to cell link this start and end dates to the master project sheet (where dependencies are also enabled) so that I can roll-up dates from all of the sub-sheets into the master project sheet.

I can link the start dates but the end dates can't be linked because Smartsheet is telling me that the dependencies are enabled. I have tried to cell link the duration field but cell linking isn't an option there either.

Does anyone have any idea how to work around this obvious Smartsheet limitation?

-Chris

Answers

• Hi Chris,

You should be able to create links in the duration field, which will then calculate the finish date automatically in your master sheet (based on this and your already linked start date), unless there are predecessors for that row.

A full list of cell types that don't allow links can be found in this article, here.

Cheers,

Genevieve