Can a copy of form responses automatically be sent to multiple emails after a user completes survey?

Hello,

I work in medical education and am looking for a way to have the results of a filled form automatically sent to multiple emails. Essentially the problem I am attempting to solve is this:

We are looking to have medical students receive instant feedback from their faculty supervisors through Smartsheet. Ideally, students will show their faculty supervisor a QR code which links to a survey about the student's performance. After the faculty member has finished the survey the results would be sent to both the faculty member AND the student who is being evaluated, for both of their records. Is there a way for the individual filling out the survey to add another email they want a copy of the responses sent to?

Thank you for the help!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Samantha P

Yes, there are two ways to accomplish this.

1. The Supervisor selects the option at the bottom of the form, Send me a copy...
    2. You'd add another column/field for the Supervisor where they can add their email address, and then you'd set up a Workflow to send them a copy of the information submitted.

Screenshots for option 1

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you, @Andrée Starå!

To clarify, for option two, the supervisor would be able to input the student's email so that all the responses filled in the form would be sent to the student's email. Is that correct?

If so, would the supervisor then be able to both click "send me copy of my response" and then fill in the student's email in the aforementioned column/field so that both Supervisor and Student received a copy of the information submitted?

Thank you again for you help.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Samantha P

Happy to help!

Yes, to both questions, and you could also remove the send me a copy of my response and include it in the one sent to the Student instead.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.