PDFs in proofing tool look strange now

Options

Hello, the PDFs in my proofing tool column look strange today. The fonts are messed up and the pdfs are now barely legible. I see that the proofing tool possibly had an update last night, since we can now use squares and arrows (which is a totally awesome update that will be very helpful!). Is there a way to fix the pdfs so they look normal again?

Attached are screenshots of how it should look (bottom) compared to what I now see (top) in smartsheet.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @jessical111351

Probably just a glitch for things that got released early. I'd recommend testing tomorrow again.

I agree the square and arrow are an amazing added feature.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• BrianBosché
    Options

Hi @jessical111351,

Thanks for the post and we did indeed push a new update out last night. I'm the product manager for the proofing feature and happy to help here. One quick question to help us figure out what's going on, because the font should be displaying the same. How are you creating the PDF? What tool is being used to create the PDF?

Thanks,

Brian

• jessical111351
    Options

Thanks for following up, Brian. We export the PDF from Indesign using interactive pdf settings. All of the PDFs in my smartsheet now look strange like this, not just this one.

• BrianBosché
    Options

Thanks Jessica! We will look into this!

• jessical111351
    Options

Brian, it seems as though Firefox was causing a majority of the distortions. However, the font is still much bolder once uploaded to Smartsheet compared with the original PDF file, regardless whether we export from InDesign via Interactive or Print PDF settings. See screenshots below:

Correct line weight in Acrobat:

Thicker line weight once uploaded to Smartsheet proofing tool:

Thanks for the help!