Update Request - Origination Email

I am assuming that when a person sends an update request, it originates from the Sheet Owner.

The issue I have is:

I am using Control Center to automatically spin up packages of sheets for managing projects. When a project manager has a new project, control center creates a package of sheet for them, with me as the owner and they having Edif - Can Share permissions.

When they send out an update request it appears as if it is coming from me. People who have questions about it try to contact me.

My team has upwards of 100 projects in flight at any given time. How can we change this so an update request originates from the project manager.

Thank You

Answers

• David, I have the same issue with our account. As the sheet owner and creator of those automated workflows, my name is on the from name and people contact me directly when I don't work on that request or project...

I customize the message to point them to the right POC if they have questions...but most of the time they'll miss that and just reply to me directly.

Would be great if we could customize the "from name" the same way we can now customize the message on those notifications to include/not include the login to the sheet.

• David Dolch
    David Dolch ✭✭✭✭✭

I just talked to one of my contacts at SmartSheet.

Apparently the update requests used to have a fake originating email - basically gibberish. People would ignore the requests because of the originating email. Smartsheet 'fixed' this by putting the sheet owners email there. Well, there are lots of people like you and me who would be inundated with emails because of this.

I was told there is a fix coming next month or so, that will allow for the originating email to be chosen, or at least changed to a donotreply@xxx.com type of email.

• Thanks David! Yes before the generic from name would hit the junk folders or recipients would ignore.

Looking forward for the fix that will let us select the true owners of those requests!

• Hi Guys,

I am having the same issue at the minute. Any update on how to change the originating email?

Thanks!

Emily