My report isn't displaying correct data

This report has two cells that are blank when the underlying cells say "/". I have shared the report and underlying sheets. Can anyone please help me figure out why this is occurring? The formulas are the same on all 3 sheets.

=IF(COMP36 = "Y", " ", COMP36)

In all 3 sheets, "/" is in the COMP36 field and the "/" shows up in the sheet fine, just not on the report for two out of three of these.

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lisa

I only see the report and not the sheet.

Also, what is the purpose of the formula and where is the value "/" coming from? Is it manually entered into the sheet?

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• Lisa
    Lisa ✭✭✭
    edited 10/05/20

Each sheet has a column, "/" is manually entered when in progress. The report is to show the status of several of these so the values are put on one line with a helper column for the report.

• Hi @Lisa

Would you be able to provide a screen capture of the column in the sheet that has the formula in it (showing that there is a / output from the formula)?

I'm wondering if there's something going on in the Formula (versus in the Report) since Reports are essentially just a window to the data in the sheet. You may also want to try using @row instead of row references, like 36: =IF(COMP@row = "Y", " ", COMP@row)

The sheet screen capture above shows us the COMP column, but I'd like to see the Client Materials Picked-Up column that's appearing in the Report.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now