Have a specific cell auto increment up as a new number is added

Options

Per the example below, column "Total UG Footage Complete", I would like have the cell with "50" in it auto increment up when the box is highlighted and I added another 50 for it to show 100. Can that be done?

Answers

• M Underbrink
    M Underbrink ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you try phrasing your question differently? I'm not sure I understand.

• You can use =SUM() formula to select cells you want to auto add
    • You could use a checkbox column and IF() statements to add a value to another column if checked (predetermined or from a cell reference).

With a little clarity I could be more specific.

Thanks!

• Brendan West
    Options

The cell with the number 50. If you click the box to highlight it, I want to be able to type in 100 which will automatically add to the already placed 50 and it now will read 150.

Auto increment the individual cell as you add additional quantities.

• Brendan West
    Options

@M Underbrink Were you able to review my comment in regards to my question?

• John Jonassen
    John Jonassen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Brendan West ! I think the function that you are seeking does not play in Smartsheet. What you will need to do is either change your "50" to "=50+100", and so on with each increment added...OR, turn this into a summary sheet that has a cross sheet formula referencing another sheet...this other sheet will have a row for each journalized transaction at the lowest level you are needing. So each row would be either a Job Number, a Node, or whatever your Primary is on the Project Tracker.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!