Snapshots and Logic Driven Archiving

Cat Werbeck
Cat Werbeck ✭✭✭✭
edited 09/12/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hey all!

We are just about done and ready to parallel pilot our Request Management through Operationalization to Close solution and was wondering if there's an easy way (or hard way) to do the following:

Use Case 1: Right now my teams' weekly status updates (which is a cross-sheet report between Intake and Metadata) keeps the previous week on for their reference. Once the week is over, I would like to auto-archive that previous week based on department to their specific department archive sheet. Right now, the status reports are driven by current user so people only see theirs. I do have the weekly backup scheduled, but that's not a self-populating historical reference by team (ultimate goal)

Use Case 2: We have a Key Initiatives/OKR weekly meeting, similar to above- is there a way to take a snap shot at a specific day and time to keep for reference and audit?

Appreciate any ideas, formulas or nope, can't be done so it's a manual labor of love for now.

Thanks!

Cat

Answers

• markkrebs
    markkrebs ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So we drive our status update off a sheet that looks like this: top row picks up the last row and shows on our dashboard so we have current and history.

hope that helps!

• Cat Werbeck
    Cat Werbeck ✭✭✭✭

@Mark Krebs

Hey! Thanks for your answer, we are also showing the week prior and current week. But my goal is for the last week to roll-off and into an archive sheet where I can health trend larger projects but also have a knowledge base for all the work we're tracking. Trying to figure out if there is a formula or rule I can write that says (in theory), when modified date is greater than or equal to 11d, move that row to xyz sheet (with which sheet being triggered off of department preferably)