Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Change next row status when previous row status is complete

Options
Ga
Ga
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have multisteps to complete an order, Since start of many steps is dependant on the completion of previous steps, Can I program that if a previous steps say row 1 and 3 are complete (status Green), next row status changes to Yellow. I did this by giving code to each row and then with IF statement (If Code of row 1 and 3 are Green, then Code current row is Yellow, but I would also like that it permits to change the calculated status of the current row manually. Is it possible

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ga,

You can't mix formulas and manual action in the same cell.

Once that manual action is taken, the formula is gone.

You'll need to build your sheet and formula to account for why something is a certain color (dates, percentages, other statuses) and do that for each color.

This, however, takes some of the subjective nature out of the symbol.

It is red because we have an urgent issue or a delay that will impact the schedule, for example. Not because someone is worried.

Hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.