Workflow Question

I am trying to automate the distribution of safety inspections to our company. At the moment someone has to select a new line and send the alert email to specific groups for their attention.

I was hoping to automate this process using a workflow where when a new inspection is recieved from a user form it is automatically distributed to the appropriate group. We have five groups created that allow easy distribution to the correct region of the country.

The problem I have is that it appears that workflows can only be directed to individuals and not "groups". I know I could just type in each group member separately but this defeats the purpose of having easy to manage groups for correct distribution.

Anybody got any ideas about this or is it just a limitation of the system.

Murray (CRL Planning)

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRL Planning

You can set up groups in User/Group Management and then have the notifications sent to those groups in your automations.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• Ramzi, Thanks for your response

I have already setup a number of groups but when you are in the automation section setting up a task, when you try and select who you want to be included in the notification there is no option to select a group it is just individual users.

Murray

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRL Planning

You will need to share the Group(s) to the sheet where the automation takes place and then you would select this option.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.