Link dependencies between sheets

Hello everyone,

Do you konw if it is possible to link dependencies between two sheets ?

For example I have a sheet for project A, and in this sheet I have an activity that has a predecessor from another sheet for project B ?

I don't think it is possible but if you have some answers that would be helpful.

Thank you,

Corentin

Answers

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Corentin Dal Farra

Dependencies works within the same project.

So regarding this, I would say that Project A is part of Project B.

Or you could also have Project C that is equal B + A where you'll be able to create dependencies between both projects.

Then use some INDEX/MATCH to return dates for project A & B, but it doesn't seem to be really useful.

• Corentin Dal Farra
    Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @David Joyeuse ,

Thank you for your help.

Effectively I need to have two separate sheets, one for project A and one for project B.

I think that having a project C is complex because I will have to get back all the data automatically

I saw that I can't put formulas in dates column that are link with a Gantt chart..

Thank you for your help anyway,

Corentin

• The ability to create and maintain multiple projects that are dependent upon each other (a task in one sheet affects the calendar of a task in anther sheet) is a critical feature allowing users to build many projects.

I have over (30) projects that relate to each other and I have to build one immensely large project is a bit crazy...

Please provide this option ASAP.