Web form bug?

Is anyone else having an issue with web forms auto populating a date? See screenshot below. It's auto populating a date in the year "0002".

I have the form field setup to be blank. See second screenshot.



Connor Hartford

Tags:

Best Answer

  • Connor Hartford
    Connor Hartford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

    I have fixed the issue, but I'm still not sure why it has happened.

    What I did to fix the issue was open the form builder. For the date field in question, I made it NOT required. Save. Then I made the field required again. Save. This made it go away.


    Connor Hartford

Answers

  • Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

    Hi @Connor Hartford

    I haven't seen this before and I was unable to replicate the behaviour. Is the Due Date column restricted to dates only?

    Could you set a Default Value as some date in the future, to make sure that at least the year is in 2020 or 2021? Then users can adjust it if needed.

    I would also try creating a duplicate of the form to see if this duplicate has the same issue, and check in with other users who are trying different browsers & networks to see if this is a potential cause.

    Finally, if none of this helped, I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support with more detailed information so they can work with you one-on-one in a private channel (sharing with them your sheet name, screen captures of the sheet & column, and even a video recording of the issue if possible).

    Thanks!

    Genevieve

  • Connor Hartford
    Connor Hartford ✭✭✭✭✭

    The Due Date column is not restricted to dates only. I change it to restrict to dates only, and that did not fix it.

    I've tried different browsers and different computers with different browsers, no luck.

    This form has been duplicated many times (it's part of a template) and it's the same on all forms.

    I will try and reach out to Smartsheet support.


    Connor Hartford

  • Connor Hartford
    Connor Hartford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

    I have fixed the issue, but I'm still not sure why it has happened.

    What I did to fix the issue was open the form builder. For the date field in question, I made it NOT required. Save. Then I made the field required again. Save. This made it go away.


    Connor Hartford