Need help with Card view published sheet option

I love the card view! I use it to visualize release 1.0, 1.1. 1.2. 1.3

1. Is there a way to save my view for published users? For example, release 1.0 and 1.1 are done and should be minimized. 1.2-1.3 are active or in planning and should be shown.
  2. In the upper right hand of the screen there is an option to show all the card fields or a minimized view. Is there a way to save this so it does not show all (expanded) fields by default?

Answers

• Hi @beatea

It's great to hear how you're using Card View!

Currently the Published version of a sheet in Card View defaults to showing the full card view (expanded, as you noted), for all cards, even if you are currently looking at it with some expanded or if you clicked the Compact View for your own view. Please submit feedback to our Product Team on the enhancements you'd like to see in the future, using this form, here!

You could potentially create a second, archive sheet for any of your releases that are complete. Then you can set up an automation to move that row once the release is complete, which would remove it from the view all together. Would that work?

At the Engage conference this year it was announced that there will be some updates to Reports in the next few months as well, one of which will be to use Card View in Reports! (See the announcement, here.) Then instead of an archive sheet, you could use a Report to only display the open releases, as another option.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now