how to get sum of a column to include only certain date range

Please could someone help me with this?

We have recently upgraded to be able to use the summary sheet as well as automated workflows, but neither of these have helped, and I think it maybe a simple formula issue?

Basically, we use smartsheet for customers to place preorders of different products (approx 50 different columns for products), and the orders come in onto new rows. WE then need to total these rows using the sum function. We currently update the sum to include recently added rows, but I would like to automate this so that it automatically calculates the totals whenever a new row is added.

I have tried something similar to the following formula =sumif(date column:date column, MONTH=11, [Product1:Product1]), but it keeps saying 'unsurpasseable' and I don't know why.

POssibly because the sheet uses a lot of parent and child rows?

Hope this makes sense. Would be really grateful of some help on this.

Best Answers

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

=sumif([date column]:[date column], MONTH(@cell)=11, [Product1]:[Product1])

• Thank you. Unfortunately that still doesn't seem to work, and says ' Unpasseable'. Could this be due to the parent/child rows in the sheet?

• Thank you Genevieve, that worked!

Do you know if there is a way to refine even further, to only include certain dates? or just for the past week?

This would be ideal, but not sure if that is past the 'formula' stage really. :) am working on another idea which is a separate sheet for weekly orders, and then an automated workflow to move the recent orders to an archive sheet.

• Excellent, that is very helpful. Thank you for your help! :)

• No problem at all! If you have a specific range or date you're looking for and you need help with the formula, let us know and we'd be happy to help further. 🙂

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!