Auto delete data from a cell once triggered?

Amy Scherer
Amy Scherer ✭✭
edited 11/19/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi does anyone know if there is a way to delete data in a cell once that cell is triggered using a Zap? I was directed to Zapier, but man...I'm a newbie there. Has anyone done something similar?

Basically -- am using a ranking system to prioritize projects. Once projects are prioritized, I would like to pull them out of the ranking system, so they aren't continuously in the mix. I realize we can filter them out, and we could also split the sheets into 2, but our preference is to keep it all in one sheet.

Here is a screen shot --

• When I click the star indicating the project idea has been prioritized, I want that data to be pulled out of the ranking column so it is no longer considered in the rank stack.

Any Ideas?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Amy Scherer

What if you add a condition to the formula to be blank if the star is selected?

If that doesn't work, it is possible with Zapier, but I'm not sure it will work with the new Column Formula feature, so we might need to add a so-called helper column.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.