Update Request Confirmation Email Change

Options
2»

Comments

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much @Caroline S. ! Adding the ECA=%20 to the end of the URL is a great idea that we can utilize! I appreciate your help!

• Jessica Bailey
    Options

We have a few update requests that have sensitive information on them, and we would prefer not to allow the user to check the "Send me a copy of my responses" box. Is there a way to do that similarly to how you can remove that option on a form?

• Caroline Sheldon
    Options

@Jessica Bailey For intake forms you can remove the checkbox "Send me a copy of my responses" on the form in the Settings tab of the Form Builder. For update and approval requests, there is unfortunately no way to remove this option from the update or approval form at this time.

• Lauren@Improve
    Options

Can we stop the Update Confirmation email being sent to the originator of the request?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jessica Bailey 

@Lauren@Improve 

Unfortunately, this feature is not currently available. You can submit Smartsheet Product Enhancement Requests using this form.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• quijano.jf
    edited 11/09/22
    Options

Such a thoughtless update. Now what is happening is that submitters don't click it, do not receive any confirmation email, get scared, and therefore go back and submit a second form and sometimes the information in the second submission has typos or differs from the original submission because the submitter is tired of having to do this twice, creating a whole mess. What you should have made optional is for the creator of the form to make it optional or not, not for the submitter. I can't wait for the day my company decides to change to another platform because Smartsheet is so prehistorical...

And yes, I tried the solution above by Caroline posted on 03/25/21 but that no longer exists, or at least I can not see that option. Everything in this page is obsolete. I tried 100 solutions and every time something no longer existed. Preposterous.

• Monica.Buelna
    Options

Hi @Bassam Khalil - Just want to confirm that this functionality hasn't changed: When an update is made to an update request, an email with the updated info highlighted is sent to the requestor (in this case, the Smartsheet admin account). There is currently not a way to disable/enable this option, correct?

While testing, I submit update requests to my work email and submit with changes. I'm finding that the email confirmation capturing the changes is sent to the Smartsheet account email (account that requested the update). Since I don't have access to this admin email at my company, I'd love the ability to turn this feature on/off when I am testing.