SUMIFS Formula for Rows Assigned to Multiple Contacts

Options
AmyM
AmyM ✭✭
edited 12/09/20 in Formulas and Functions

Using the Sheet Summary function this formula worked:

=SUMIFS({Budget Projected}, {Budget Account}, Variable@row, {Budget Assigned}, Employee#)

when the lined was assigned to only one contact, but now that I have lines with multiple contacts assigned to them it will not recognize even the one employee's name anymore. I tried adding a second field (Employee2) with the other employee's name, which I'd rather not do but it still wouldn't work. 

Question:

How do I get the formula to work again pulling only "one" employee's name even though there are multiple-assignees on a row? Is there a possibility of it constructing the formula to pull only "current user" then it wouldn't need to specify an employee name in the Sheet Summary Field.

Best Answers

• AmyM
    AmyM ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mark Cronk

Thank you so much for the quick response and I think this might work, however, I guess I am unsure where to use the HAS in my current formula... how would that fit into here?

=SUMIFS({Budget Projected}, {Budget Account}, (Variable@row, {Budget Assigned}, Employee#)

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @AmyM

Try this:

=SUMIFS({Budget Projected}, {Budget Account}, Variable@row, {Budget Assigned}, HAS(@cell, Employee#)=1)

I assume that Employee# is your contact list.

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @AmyM ,

I think the HAS function is your solution. Link to info below. HAS searches for an exact match of a value, including multi-contact or multi-select dropdown column cells or ranges. Returns true if found, false if not found.

The Syntax is: HAS( search_range criterion )

• search_range — The cell or cell range to search within.
    • criterion — The value you want to find.

Good luck.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• AmyM
    AmyM ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mark Cronk

Thank you so much for the quick response and I think this might work, however, I guess I am unsure where to use the HAS in my current formula... how would that fit into here?

=SUMIFS({Budget Projected}, {Budget Account}, (Variable@row, {Budget Assigned}, Employee#)

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @AmyM

Try this:

=SUMIFS({Budget Projected}, {Budget Account}, Variable@row, {Budget Assigned}, HAS(@cell, Employee#)=1)

I assume that Employee# is your contact list.

Work?

Mark

• AmyM
    AmyM ✭✭
    Options

@Mark Cronk

That worked!!!! Thank you so much, I wish I was a formula master - maybe one day. I very much appreciate your time and help.

-Amy

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!