Formula to add check to checkbox based on several other checkboxes

Hi all,

I am trying to create a formula that adds a check to a checkbox once a check has been added to 5 other checkbox fields in the same row. The other checkboxes are also automated and are checked based on other criteria (however, I don't think that matters here). Below is what I have so far, basically if ALL of these fields are checked I want a check, if ANY of the 5 checkboxes are not checked, I want it left unchecked:

=IF([Tech Complete]@row, "Complete", AND([Finance Complete]@row, "Complete", AND([Ops Complete]@row, "Complete", AND([QA Complete]@row "Complete" , AND([Training Complete]@row, "Complete", 1, 0)))))

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrea

Tags:

Best Answer

• Andrea Mayer
    Andrea Mayer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

As an update, a colleague of mine was able to help me get the right formula.  The updated formula is below.

=IF(AND([Comms Complete]@row = "Ready", [Finance Complete]@row = "Ready", [Ops Complete]@row = "Ready", [QA Complete]@row = "Ready", [Training Complete]@row = "ready"), 1, 0)

Thanks!

Answers

• Melitta King
    Melitta King ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

At a quick glance, there is a comma missing from the formula. After row and before "Complete".

=IF([Tech Complete]@row, "Complete", AND([Finance Complete]@row, "Complete", AND([Ops Complete]@row, "Complete", AND([QA Complete]@row (MISSING COMMA) "Complete" , AND([Training Complete]@row, "Complete", 1, 0)))))

Hope this helps,

Melitta

• Andrea Mayer
    Andrea Mayer ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Melitta - When I add the comma my error message changes. Previously, it was 'UNPARSEABLE' and now it is 'INVALID DATA TYPE'. Thoughts?

• Andrea Mayer
    Andrea Mayer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

As an update, a colleague of mine was able to help me get the right formula.  The updated formula is below.

=IF(AND([Comms Complete]@row = "Ready", [Finance Complete]@row = "Ready", [Ops Complete]@row = "Ready", [QA Complete]@row = "Ready", [Training Complete]@row = "ready"), 1, 0)

Thanks!