Transferring Workflow Requests

Options

I have a form that was being used to route matter closing requests from the attorney to Accounting to Records. The user in Accounting that the form was going to left and I thought I changed the email on the workflow before she left but it turns out that I had the email incorrect so all of the forms that were submitted in this window weren't actually going to anyone in Accounting because there was no valid email. I can still see all of the entries in the SmartSheet but I don't know how to get these actual request forms to the person in Accounting now since they were already submitted.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Chris Hockey ,

A process that worked for me is to change the status of the previous approval, the attorney in your process, from Approved to Submitted in the sheet. Save it and then change it back to Approved. That triggers the automation to route to the next person - Accounting. Before you activate the trigger, correct the Accounting email.

Good luck.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Chris Hockey
    Options

Hi @Mark Cronk ,

Thanks for the response. I don't think your solution will work. When the attorney submits the form, the SmartSheet automatically puts it in a state of "In Review". I don't have the option to set it back to "Submitted". When Accounting submits their approval, the request comes to me and it has a status of "Submitted" with me until I approve it and then it changes to "Approved" or "Denied". Below you can see the values I've set up in the "Closing Approval". The only ones that are generated by the workflow itself are "Approved" or "Denied", the others are manual values that I've added.

I think that's part of the problem is that I don't have any way to trigger a resubmission of the original form. Here's the workflow:

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Chris Hockey ,

You can retrigger the approval by changing the logic, triggering the records you need sent to the right email, and then changing the logic back. First, change the Send to Specific people to the right email address. Then pick a column that you can change to trigger select records. It can be any existing column or you can create a column just for this. Change the trigger logic to when your selected column changes request approval. Then make a change in the selected column in the rows you need resent. Once everything has been resent to the right email, change your logic back to Created changes to any value.

You can try one and confirm it works before doing the rest.

Cross your fingers.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Chris Hockey
    Options

Hi Mark - I finally got around to testing this and it still doesn't seem to be resending the request. Here's what I did:

• Adjusted the workflow so that the workflow would trigger when a new request is created OR when the "Resubmit" column (which I created just for this purpose) is marked as YES.
    • I deleted the content in the "Closing Approval" field, which is the field that populates automatically with "In Review" once a new request is submitted AND marked the "Resubmit" field as YES, in the hopes that it would trigger the process again.

Tests have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?