Multi-lingual functionality

Is there a way to have system messages appear in English on one form and French on another form-driven from the same sheet. The only way to change the prompts so far is to change my personal settings which impacts all sheets.

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Douglas Duncan

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a possible workaround, you could create another user account with the other language and then set up a workflow, so the submissions are moved/copied to your main sheet.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• MPath
    MPath ✭✭✭

Dr.Google brought me here ;)

Working in a Dutch firm owned by an English Group, I would really applaud for this to be introduced.

For example, just made my first dashboard. Copied it and translated.

Not happy with draft, start editting the Dutch Version....you guessed it, Copy and translate, again :S

You have a lot of great answers here in the community @Andrée Starå . Wish I knew 10% of what you did. I do see the use and power of Smartsheet, but thinking of a design-view if you would, is quite hard. You have to be at quite a skills level to get a proper working systems that is at a proper working level when introducing in a organization, otherwise it will bleed out, like it happens a lot when there is change in an organization.

Continuous Improvement Facilitator in HVAC industry || Timezone GMT +1