Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Any plan for Smartsheet integrations with DMS?

Options
Beth Kennedy
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

We currently use Autonomy iManage for our Document Management System.  Do you have any plans to integrate Smartsheet with DMS?  Currently, to attach a file to smartsheet without losing version control of our document, we have to perform quite a few steps to make it happen.  Curious if this is on your roadmap.

Thank you

Comments

• PPS Solutions
    PPS Solutions ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Beth, would using URL Links help at all within Smartshete ie simply point back to your existing DMS?

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

We don’t have plans to integrate a DMS but I’ll pass your suggestion along. You mention you have to take a couple of steps to ensure version control. We do have a built in version control feature. When you upload a file to a row or sheet that contains another version of the file, you will be prompted to attach a new version of that file. You can also right click on the old version in your sheet and select Upload New Version. 

Here’s more information about versioning: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/518404-deleting-editing-versioning-attachments

• Beth Kennedy
    Options

Thank you for your responses.  I saw your version control, I didn't realize it prompted you though, that is good.  currently, I just create a link to the document in the DMS and attach the link, its a good work around but it is a little hard for non super users to figure out how to do it.  Thank you for all the feedback, sure love the new community!

This discussion has been closed.