Prevent users from deleting rows

12/31/20
Accepted

Hi is there any way to prevent users from deleting rows in our sheet? We need them to collaborate with the sheet but NOT delete. Unfortunately despite telling our users to not delete the odd few still do and it impacts our numbering system

Best Answers

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

You could give them viewer only access to the sheet then provide them with a report. Reports can be edited, but rows cannot be deleted from them.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi @Julie Morrison

Unfortunately, no, not really, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a possible workaround, you could either (depending on the access the users have) lock the row(s), or use the premium add-on, Dynamic View.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Genevieve PGenevieve P admin
    Accepted Answer

Just a quick note!

@Paul Newcome's suggestion is a good one, but they would also need to have Editor permissions on the underlying sheet still, in order to make any edits through a Report. (See this article on Report sharing permissions.)

Answers