Dropdown in Report

Hi Everyone,

I have a sheet with a dropdown column. I have created a report and I want the team to update the data from the report instead of the sheet as the sheet has over 500 rows and data has to be updated in some specific rows.

But the dropdown option is not available in report. Am I missing something or is it not possible to update dropdown from report?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Abhiraj Joshi

You are able to edit drop-down lists from Reports, however I have seen this behaviour if the type of drop-down column is changed in the sheet without then updating the Report.

For example, if you set this up to be a single-select drop-down column, then created the Report, and finally adjusted this to be a multi-select drop-down column in the source sheet. In this instance, the column is a different type, so the Report is unable to recognize it and you won't be able to edit cells.

Is this possible, could you have changed the column type after creating the Report?

To fix this, try removing the column in the Report, then re-adding the column to see if this resolves the issue!

For an explanation of this behaviour, please see the very last bullet point in this Help Center article on columns in Reports, here.

Let me know if this works!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers