Order Execution for Automated Workflows

Options
DavidG_WFIACN
DavidG_WFIACN ✭✭✭
edited 01/15/21 in Smartsheet Basics

What order do the workflows get executed in? I have a workflow to move a row, but it can only be triggered right away. If that happens will other workflow items also execute? Other workflows trigger off the same change and I need ensure they don't get skipped.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @DavidG@WFI 

Hope you are fine, as i understand from your message you have a workflow that moves the row from your sheet and it's triggered before the other workflows, in this case after the row is moved nothing from the other workflows will affect because by logic the row is out of your sheet, my advice prepare a logic sequence for what you want to do then design your workflows.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• DavidG_WFIACN
    DavidG_WFIACN ✭✭✭
    edited 01/18/21
    Options
  • Chris Kaliveas
    Chris Kaliveas ✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/04/21
    Options

Well, I tested this out and appears to random sequencing workflow. I thought it was earliest created runs first, but my testing proved that wrong...I'll try again.

• Chris Kaliveas
    Chris Kaliveas ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It appears the workflows are executed in order of last updated workflow first. You can just change the name of the workflow to simplify your ordering sequencing.