Max out Cross sheet reference ?

I have an error message "unable to create cross sheet reference because this sheet already contains the maximum number of different cross sheet references." 

How to resolve this issue? I already deleted many rows to reduce the cross reference but didn't work.

Best Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It isn't necessarily how many times a cross sheet reference is used but how many unique cross sheet references. THe key word there is "unique" or in the case of the alert "different".

If I create a single cross sheet reference, I can use it 1,000 times with no issue. But I can only create 100 unique cross sheet references within a single sheet.

You are going to need to find a way to consolidate your cross sheet references possibly combining ranges and/or using cell links and consolidated data in helper columns on your source sheet(s).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lynna

Each unique reference that is between like below.

{Reference Name}

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In your above example, it would be four.

{Text A} and {Text B} would count as two different cross sheet references, but {Text A} and {Text A} would only count as one different/unique cross sheet reference. Even though it is used multiple times, it only counts as one unique.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You are going to want to use a SUMIFS if you are adding things together.

=SUMIFS({range to add}, {Parameters}, Parameters@row)

10xViz.com

Answers