How to send an alert when a ticket is reassigned.

Options

I need the system to send out an alert when the 'Assigned To' contact list field changes to a value other than the current value.

I have an Alert automation configured with a Trigger: When rows are changed. And When 'Assigned To' changes to.. and I select all possible assignees from the available list.

Right now, the alert is sent no just when this field value changes, but when it is assigned for the first time: behaving like the Trigger is 'When rows are added or changed.'

We only want this alert to go out when the 'Assigned To' value changes to something other than the original value. Is there a way to do this in a single automation? Or will I need to set up a separate automation for each possible assignee; selecting the other possible assignees in the Trigger.

Tags:

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/23/21
    Options

Hi @mgriffin ,

I think you were on the right track. Try using an update automation to trigger when the contact is changed to any value. But, create a condition after the trigger that says only if the create date is not today. That should prevent the send when the row is created. However, if the contact is changed on the same day as the row was created the alert won't send. Is there a chance of that?

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Margaret Griffin
    Margaret Griffin ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mark, thanks for the feedback. But I can't rule out that the request might be reassigned (and the contact in the 'Assigned To' column) changed the same day the request is submitted. Any thoughts on another condition I could use, or another way to set this up?

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mgriffin

Set up a date column Called Original Assigned Date, then you setup your automation as outlined below:

I did not test this, but should work: