Use of "If-Formulas" in Smartsheet-Salesforce connector

BigAl
BigAl ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi Smartsheet Community, we have the Smartsheet-Salesforce Connector in place and for a new connection we need to us "if-formulas" within the connector settings. Example 1: If a date field is empty in a project in Salesforce, would like to put date 12/31/2999 (and not an empty field) in the corresponding field in Smartsheet. Example 2. If "NEWPROJECT" is the description in Smartsheet we would like to put "New project" (just a different writing) in Smartsheet. As a solution we would like to use the seetings within the Smartsheet-Salesforce connector. Please let me know IF and HOW this is possible in the connector. Thanks a lot for your help. Alex

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @BigAl

I don't believe there's a way to do this from directly within the connector/workflow (please provide your feedback to the Product Team, here!). Instead, you would want to set up "helper columns" in your Smartsheet sheet with these formulas to populate this information, based on the columns/fields that are part of the workflow.

Keep in mind that if you go this route, you will only be able to map those fields from Salesforce into Smartsheet, not bidirectionally.

Let me know if you need help writing these column formulas and I'd be happy to take a look!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @BigAl

I don't believe there's a way to do this from directly within the connector/workflow (please provide your feedback to the Product Team, here!). Instead, you would want to set up "helper columns" in your Smartsheet sheet with these formulas to populate this information, based on the columns/fields that are part of the workflow.

Keep in mind that if you go this route, you will only be able to map those fields from Salesforce into Smartsheet, not bidirectionally.

Let me know if you need help writing these column formulas and I'd be happy to take a look!

Cheers,

Genevieve