Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

User e-mail used by another account

Jakk000
Jakk000
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi,

We are a software development company that discovered smartsheet through one of our customers. They use smartsheet internally to manage part of a project we are collaborating on; therefore created us us users with their account in regards to the management of the project.

We have now purchased licenses to use smartsheet for other projects and customers; and now cannot add some of the users that are linked to the other project above as we getting the message that their e-mail cannot be linked to more than one account...Those resources; included myself need to be able to have access to our customer's smartsheet project through their external account and to our projects managed internally through our account.

How can we resolve this?

Thank you!

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is complicated and the rules have changed in the past, so I may have this wrong.

Each email address can be a user in only one Smartsheet account.

The email address can be a collaborator with any account you are shared to.

Contact sales@smartsheet.com

They can help move your email addresses to your own account and (hopefully) keep the sharing in the other as painlessly as possible.

Craig

• Thanks! I will contact sales.

This discussion has been closed.