Formula to change line item to 'at risk' when due date is passed

Options

Goal: When a finish date is passed on a line item, I want the status column to change to 'at risk'.

Best Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Daniel Marcel

=IF(TODAY()>Finish@row, "at risk")

May I suggest you add another condition to 'turn off' counter. As is, when Today's date passes Finish, the status will turn to at risk, regardless if the task was completed already.

cheers,

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Daniel

You can either drag this formula down the column or, more preferably, make this formula a column formula by right clicking in the cell with the formula and, at the bottom of the list of actions, is 'Convert to Column Formula'. Note that to edit a formula after converting to a column formula you must right-click a cell within the column and choose either 'edit column formula' or 'convert to cell formula'. You will not be able to edit the cell directly.

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Daniel Marcel

=IF(TODAY()>Finish@row, "at risk")

May I suggest you add another condition to 'turn off' counter. As is, when Today's date passes Finish, the status will turn to at risk, regardless if the task was completed already.

cheers,

• Daniel Marcel
    Options

That's awesome, thank you so much @KDM

Am I able to apply this to all line items somehow rather than individual line items?

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Daniel

You can either drag this formula down the column or, more preferably, make this formula a column formula by right clicking in the cell with the formula and, at the bottom of the list of actions, is 'Convert to Column Formula'. Note that to edit a formula after converting to a column formula you must right-click a cell within the column and choose either 'edit column formula' or 'convert to cell formula'. You will not be able to edit the cell directly.

• Daniel Marcel
    Options

Awesome thank you so much @KDM

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!