I need a formula to clear contents in a field if the date in another cell is in the past.

Options

For our process documentation review cycle, we have a column for Date of Next Review. There is a column next to it, Reviewed Process, that has a dropdown to indicate if the document has been uploaded to our Sharepoint site. If the date of next review is in the past, I need the contents in the Reviewed Process column to clear. That way when the process is reviewed, our team will update the Date of Last Update column, which will in turn update the Date of Next Review. We need them to select from the dropdown that the process document has been uploaded.

If this isn't possible, do you have another suggestion that would help us to prompt our team to ensure documents are uploaded after reviews are complete?

Thanks a million for your help!

Heather

Tags:

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Heather Mize

I hope you're well and safe!

It's not possible to have a cell cleared with a formula and be manually selectable.

As a possible workaround, you could add an Approval Request that would trigger from the Date of Next Review, and that would change the Reviewed Process to another Status option (It can't be blank).

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Heather Mize

I hope you're well and safe!

It's not possible to have a cell cleared with a formula and be manually selectable.

As a possible workaround, you could add an Approval Request that would trigger from the Date of Next Review, and that would change the Reviewed Process to another Status option (It can't be blank).

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!