Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Calendar in Sights

Options
Judy Mata
Judy Mata ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Is there a way to display a calendar on a sight? I want to create a sort of home page for our department using sights and it would be great if I could add a calendar of upcoming events and have it look like a calendar. I can use a report but it won't show up in calendar view. 

Comments

• Brent Nathan
    Options

There is no native support for a calendar in sights.  Here are some options off the top of my head....

Option 1: You set up a pseudo-calendar sheet and then make a report to display it all in your sights as one widget.

Option2: Make a widget for each day of the month. Each widget could link to different sources when clicked to show what is happening on that date.  It would be a little tedious to set up and maintain though

• Judy Mata
    Options

Yeah I thought of the report idea. But even if your report is in calendar view, it will show up as a grid which is fine but it doesn't give the visual I was hoping for. 

• Brandon Berg
    Brandon Berg ✭✭✭
    edited 03/27/17
    Options

I also would love to be able to put a Calendar on a Sights page as I need to create a key of the colors I'm conditional formatting the items on the calendar.

--

Brandon Berg

Sr. Program Manager / Business Operations

• Brent Nathan
    Options

So i was able to come up with this using metric widgets, and it will update the colours based on conditional formatting in the sheet if you wanted as well.  You would need to build one for each month though unfortunately.  It does support a small text entry without shifting the widget size too.

calendar sight2.png

• Brandon Berg
    Options

Thanks! Great work around. It's starting to become a little more apparent what colors align with activity category, but just wanted a key as a nice guide. Here is a snapshot of what my calendar looks like.

Partner Programs_Calendar Snapshot_032817.jpg

--

Brandon Berg

Sr. Program Manager / Business Operations

This discussion has been closed.