Is it possible to incorporate headings into the LOGIC function in FORMS?

When using the LOGIC function in a FORM, I would like to incorporate the relevant headings, such that they only show if required. However, I seem unable to attach a heading to the LOGIC field. Is this something that can be done?

Tags:

Answers

• Mike Mills
    Mike Mills ✭✭✭

It's not an option. I know how you feel and wish there was a way. The forms look weird with a list of Headings with no fields. At first, I thought the headings were bonded to the fields listed below it.

• Hi @Vanessa Cavgnaro

Our Product Team is working on this feature! I don't have an ETA for when this will be updated, but you can subscribe to the Release Notes page to be notified.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Caroline Sheldon
    Caroline Sheldon Employee
    edited 02/26/21

Great news @Mike Mills and @Vanessa Cavgnaro, we now offer conditional logic on headers and dividers! These field options will now appear in the dropdown when you are building logic. Check it out and let us know what you think.

• Thank you all. And Thank you Caroline! This is wonderful!

• Adrian Mandile CHESS
    Adrian Mandile CHESS ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/16/24

Hi @Genevieve P., @Caroline Sheldon,

I have come across this Heading logic thread because I am using multiple headings as warning notes, but only the first one is affected by the logic and the next 2 are always showing. Seems odd. There is no way to 'hide' Headings.

Logic is as follows:

1. Is stock item Climate Controlled? If yes, show Moisture Reading question.
    2. If Moisture Reading is 50+, show first Heading/Warning Note (logic works well to this point)
    3. However, the second and third Heading/Warning Notes, despite also having similar logic to control/show them, are ALWAYS showing regardless of the selections in the initial Checkbox question or Moisture Readings!

Adrian Mandile
    CHESS Consulting Australia - Smartsheet Solution Provider Gold Partner
    Collaborative | Holistic | Effective | Systems | Solutions