Alerts display wrong time in email

Hi,

I am curious to know if anyone knows why the time in my alert emails is incorrect and diplsyed in the wrong time zone. When I check the sheet these rows are coming from, the sheet is correct with the time being shown in my current time zone. Is there any way to fix this? It's not a huge deal, but can be confusing for those receiving this alert. See attched picture. These times are 3 hours earlier, the actual times (for highlighted ones as an example) were 11:16 AM, 5:07 PM, and 6:56 AM. I confimred this in the actual Smartsheet.

Answers

• Danielle Roach
    Danielle Roach ✭✭✭✭

The sheet will always adhere to the time zone of the current user. Did you set up the automation? I believe it displays to whoever created the automation?

• Susan Vieira
    Susan Vieira ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes my sheet is fine. It has the correct time for my time zone. I’m talking about the information visible in the automated email. I have it displaying some fields including date and time and in the email alert it shows the wrong time (3hrs earlier). This is what I am showing in the example. If I go into sheet it’s fine but I’m curious to know if I can correct what is displayed in my email because it can confuse the recipients who are not actually going into the sheet.