Using Forms for COVID

I'm wondering if anyone is successfully using Smartsheet forms to collect daily self-health checks for employees.

I'm looking to create a solution that allows the user to take the survey, and at the conclusion, it would tell them, based on the information just answered, whether they can proceed to work or not, at that moment.

Is there a way to leverage Smartsheet logic to do this?

I thought about using automation that says,

"if all answers are no, email the user, okay to report to work" or "if NOT all answers are now, email the user, do not report to work and contact your supervisor"

This will work, but only if someone has access to their email.

Is there a way to leverage the form so the user gets an immediate answer?

Thank you,

Donna

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Donna,

I may have a solution. Do your employees have Smartsheet logins?

Thanks,

Heather

• Donna T
    Donna T ✭✭

@Heather D No, they do not. As a university, we want to be able to track students and employees.

Thanks for you response; sorry for the slow reply -- I've been out of town.

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Donna T,

No worries for the delayed response!

Ok - in that case, the original solution I thought of wouldn't work. Instead, you could create a form with conditional logic. Here's what mine looks like:

The symptom field is a multi-select dropdown. I created two headers - one that says "Do not report to work - contact your supervisor," and one that says "Okay to report to work." Then I set 2 conditional logic rules on the multi-select dropdown:

So, when someone is completing the form, if they select that they are having any symptoms, they will receive the "do not report to work" message. If they select only No Symptoms, they'll get the "okay to report to work" message.

(FYI - I would also create a created time/date column that is not visible on the form for recordkeeping purposes.)

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather