Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

"Send Row" opens Pop Up Window from Sight

Troy Hellwig
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello,  I am trying to manage requests from a customer with my local team of people who work on the requests.  I love the comments, attachments, that can be added into a row, and the ability to create a sight with different reports.  I have created a web form for my customer to input requests, but I would like a clean way for them to see the progress (including discussion and attachments).  

The Send row function works great, but I would like the customer to be able to see all the open requests on a sight, and then click on one of the requests (which is a row) and view the update in a new window.

I cannot find a way to accomplish this,  am I missing something or can anybody think of a workaround?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello Troy,

There isn't a way to click and open a pop up or form style layout of a row from a Report widget in a Sight, but I've got your vote down for this on our enhancement request list for further consideration. We appreciate your input!

With that being said, you can edit the interaction of the widget so that when people click on it, it will open the source report. Someone can then right-click a row in the report and select Edit to get a form layout of the row.

This discussion has been closed.