Anyway to change report columns to show as rows?

Options
Cheryl Collins
Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a report based on a sheet summary that I would prefer showed in rows, rather than columns - is there an easy way to do this?

Ideally I would like the above sheet to show each column as a row so, when I use this in my dashboard users can scroll down rather than across as this would be the natural way to read this?

Tags:

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Cheryl,

Have you tried exporting it as an Excel file, then transposing it there? If you copy the headers and then right click, it'll give you a Transpose option:

From there, you could import the spreadsheet back into Smartsheet.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Heather D

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately this hasn't worked it has just imported horizontally again despite my excel book being vertical.

Thanks

Cheryl

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh, that's a bummer! I have no idea why it would do that. Do you have column headers across the top, too - not just the row titles on the left?

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Heather D

This is my excel after I transpose the columns to rows:

Which is how I want it to look in my smartsheet report. However, when I import the excel sheet it shows in exactly the same way as it did before (see original screen shot).

Bit annoying! :-)

Thanks

Cheryl

• eschmith
    Options

This is very important to me as well. Idea is to take multiple projects sheets with sets of tasks (which run down rows) and turn them into a summary report with 1 sheet name per column across the top, and the names and statuses of the task groups down the rows. It needs to be able to do this each time a add a sheet to a report, with no further work.