Conditional formatting does not appear to be working correctlyl

Hi,

I set conditional formatting to turn a row red if the due date is past; however, today is 3/5 and an item was due on 3/4 and it is not red. Other items due on 3/3 are red. I do have another rule that says to turn it purple if it is in the next 3 days. The row is purple, not red.

I also move the items around thinking it was something related to precedence. That didn't seem to change the value

Answers

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mark Lightner - I was having the same issue yesterday. I had to edit the cell with the formula that sets the value for the conditional formatting in order to force the formatting to work. That shouldn't be necessary. I wonder if Smartsheet was having some problem? It was late afternoon/early evening.

susan

• It almost seems like the date is off or something. Perhaps daylight savings is messing things up. There is another sheet that I am working with that someone else owns with the SAME rules and it is fine.

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. Since DST hasn't kicked in here yet, I'm not sure. It seemed to be something related to refreshing the specific cell(s) rather than the whole sheet. I'll keep watching, and post any other information.

• It seems that later in the day yesterday the cell turned red. I have a feeling there is something up with the time zone. I will be on most of the day and see what time is changes.