Reports: Providing $ totals for only new entries

Options

Hello-

I've developed a sheet that tracks new registrations, with info like name, program, registration cost, revenue totals, etc. I want to create a weekly report that includes any new entries added to the sheet since the last report, but also to include the total financial sum of those new entries on the sheet. If I can't do this in a report, are there any suggestions on how I might be able to construct financial totals by week?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Malaina Hudson
    Malaina Hudson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@eric_moss66076 , you should be able to do this in a report. Try this:

• Make sure your underlying sheet has at least one date field that you can reference in order to filter on later. If you have no need of dates for other reasons, the system field for CREATED will suit for this purpose.

• Launch your report

• Connect in the underlying sheet(s) - if you have more than one underlying sheet, make sure that all common fields with the same data are named and formatted exactly the same way

• Choose your columns to display - don't forget to select to display the columns that include the financial fields you want to summarize

• Filter for the targeted date (or CREATED date) then set the conditional to "is in the last (days)" and set the criterion for 7 - this filter compares the date the report is being viewed to the targeted filter date and looks for things that are today - 7, then displays those rows

• In the Summarize tab, choose the field you want to summarize, then select the summary grouping (Average, Sum, Min, Max, Count, etc.)

Give that a go and let me know how it works for you. :)

• eric_moss66076
    Options

@Malaina Hudson -Thanks for the advice! I will give this a go, and let you know how it turns out.

All the best,

Eric