Automation - daily changes notification that ignores specific column(s)

I like to use the "all changes" notification to keep me informed of changes on a sheet.

On some sheets, we have an "age" calculation in each row, so of course these values increase by 1 every day, hence there is a change in every row.

I'm looking for a way to 'ignore' the age column in the daily changes notification, ie. I would like to see all other changes in rows, but disregarding the age column.

I've looked at the condition logic in the alert, but don't see how to setup such that all changes except the age change are captured.

Any ideas?

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @omatikainen

I hope you're well and safe!

I assume you're using the Basic option for the workflow, right?

You could create a "regular" workflow, but the issue is that some options aren't available as in the Basic option.

Make sense?

Do you need to check on everything, or would some things not matter?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Olli Matikainen
    Olli Matikainen ✭✭✭✭

Hey Andree... thanks for reply!

Yes, I could create a 'regular' workflow, however, I'm guessing I would need to add every column except the age column, and look for "any change" to trigger notification in the other columns... can be done, but would be cumbersome (over 10 columns of data).

I would like to see 'all changes' in sheet, including comments/attachments, except the age column.

So I'm wondering if there is another way to create this alert... ideally there would be an option to create an alert looking for changes in "any column except..."

Appreciate any tips you might have!