send a measage/update request

i have one sheet that the i (4th column) when i select the cell i can send a update request.

This is leu of selecting the row, right click my mouse, select send. After i send the email, it puts a envelope with (I think an I on it). This lets me know I sent an reminder out.

I tried to copy the sheet to another one and it now says set reminder. I there a way to have that back to send a reminder email?

Answers

• Hi @Stephen Hindes

The Update Request column will appear as soon as you have sent at least one request from this new sheet.

For the very first request you will need to send it using the method you described above (using the drop-down arrow from the row menu or right-clicking on the row number). As soon as you've sent out an update request, even if it's just a tester one to your own email address, this column will be automatically input into your sheet and you can send out new update requests by using this field instead. Does that make sense?

Let me know if you'd like to see screen captures to illustrate what I'm describing above.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• i have gone to seval sheet and send myself an email and nothing pops up on the column.

do you have another idea?

• Hi @Stephen Hindes

Can I confirm which option you're selecting?

There is a "Send..." option which simply sends the row information, or there is a "Send Update Request" option. You'll want to select the "Send Update Request" from this menu:

The column won't change if you only send row information, as this isn't an Update Request. Once you have a pending update request for the row, you should see this as a quick-action for other rows, too.

Let me know if this was the issue!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• My FAULT.

Is was using “Send” send not “Send Update Request”

problem solved.

big thanks😀😀

• No problem at all! I'm glad we were able to figure it out. 🙂