Moving Workspaces to an Archive

Anne Brinkman
edited 03/09/21 in Smartsheet Basics

We need to move project workspaces to an Archive - Project workspace. I see its been done in the past because there are plenty of old projects residing in there already. The previous Owner/Admin has left the company and there are no instructions and I don't see any options in the submenus.

I'm an Admin to the Archive workspace and to the project workspaces. How do I move those workspaces?

Best Answer

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

From my understanding, you should only be able to move workspace content - not the workspaces themselves into other workspaces. I would create a new folder in the archive workspace then move all of the content from the old workspace into the correct folder in the archived one.

Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

From my understanding, you should only be able to move workspace content - not the workspaces themselves into other workspaces. I would create a new folder in the archive workspace then move all of the content from the old workspace into the correct folder in the archived one.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Anne Brinkman

I hope you're well and safe!

Are you using Control Center?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.